Media Coverage, Corporate News and Events
Fitting Image is a newly-launched Canadian company that specializes in custom
breast prosthesis. We help survivors of breast cancer with a non-surgical
alternative and our product is the most superior prosthesis on the market today.
Fitting Image is dedicated to
assisting women regain a positive body image through custom breast forms.
We have over 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
Dec. 1, 2004 - Natural-look prosthesis helps improve
self-image of breast cancer survivors
- Read the
Oct. 1, 2004 - Prosthesis Provides Matching Pair
- Read the article
published in the Toronto Star newspaper.
Sept. 30, 2004 - Glue-on Prosthetic Breast Erases Risk of Side Effects
- Read the article published
in the The Record - Kitchener newspaper.
Sept. 29, 2004 - Helping Cancer Victims Feel Whole Again
- Read the article published
in the Toronto 24 Hours daily journal.
Sept. 28, 2004 - A New Beginning -
Life-like breast prosthesis makes women feel whole
- See the
online article at Canoe.ca for more
Sept. 28, 2004 - New Breast Form Alternative for Victims of Breast Cancer
- See the press release for more
Sept. 24, 2004 - Breast Cancer Touches Us All In Some Way
- Read the article
published in the Bloor West Villager.
- Fitting Image is a new Canadian company that specializes in custom breast
- We help survivors of breast cancer with a non-surgical alternative for
- The quality of our custom design and materials continually surpasses our
client’s expectations and is the most superior prostheses on the market today.
- Clients are able to soak in a hot tub, swim and exercise with the
prostheses because it adheres so well to the post-surgical site and doesn’t
require a bra.
- Some insurance companies will even cover all the cost of our services.
- We are recognized by the Canadian Cancer Society and work with many GTA
hospitals such as: Sunnybrook and Women’s College, St. Michael’s, Princess
- Our patented solution is more versatile, natural and made to look like the
existing or former breast, right down to size, colour and prior birthmarks.
- Clients enjoy a variety of benefits:
- Resume active, sporty lifestyle
- Easy maintenance routine
- Very comfortable and feels ‘natural’
- Silicone foam based and waterproof
- Restore client's confidence and self-esteem
- Restore client’s sense of wholeness and femininity
- Can be worn for 24 hours
- First a mould is taken of the client’s torso in the privacy of their own
home or at one of our clinics. The client chooses from 24 skin and nipple
tones and then can further customize the prosthetic with moles or other
features. The product is manufactured by an affiliate company and then the
form is presented to the client for fitting and instructions on care and
- We have over 20 years of healthcare experience and have had family members
go through the trauma of breast cancer – we know how this feels.
- Canadian women need to understand they have many choices concerning their
health and happiness after a battle with breast cancer and should not settle
for band-aid solutions.
Breast Cancer Statistics
Source: The Canadian Cancer Society (www.cancer.ca)
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among Canadian women.
- In 2006, an estimated 22,200 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer
and 5,300 will die of it.
- An estimated 160 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 45 will die
- On average, 429 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer every
- On average, 102 Canadian women will die of breast cancer every week.
- One in 9 women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime.
One in 27 will die of it.
- Since 1993, incidence rates for breast cancer have
stabilized and death rates have declined steadily.
Fitting Image Spokesperson Bio
Dinah S. Baronaitis, Founder and Director
As Founder and Director of Fitting Image Custom Breast Prostheses Ltd., Dinah
Baronaitis oversees all operations, sales, marketing and business
development pertaining to the company.
Within a short period of operation in Canada, Dinah has already forged
relationships with major organizations such as: Princes Margaret Hospital,
Sunnybrook and Women’s College Health Sciences Centre, St. Michael’s Hospital
and the Canadian Cancer Society.
Dinah has over 20 years of experience in the heath care industry and
specifically spent five years in chronic care nursing. She brings this wealth
of knowledge and compassion to her entrepreneurial work at Fitting Image. Dinah
is also a Certified Non-Surgical Custom Breast Reconstruction Fitter, Certified
Breast Form Fitter and a Certified Bra Fitter.
Members of Dinah’s family have been personally affected by breast cancer and
it was through these experiences that Dinah decided to combine her healthcare
expertise with business insight to form Fitting Image.
Fitting Image aspires to enhance the well being and quality of life for
breast cancer survivors and is dedicated to assisting women regain a positive
body image through custom breast prostheses.
- Fall 2004